Our Management Services
Full Management Service:
- Ground Rent and Service Charge collection and administration.
- Advising on level of service charge, and preparing budgets.
- Book keeping, accountancy and management of bank account.
- Arrears control and debt collection.
- Appointment and monitoring of contractors for services and maintenance and repair.
- Buildings insurance including public and employers liability, and cover for Directors and Officers protection.
- RICS Client’s money protection scheme.
- Insurance valuations, and claims administration.
- Compliance with legislative requirements.
- Enforcing terms and covenants in leases.
- Managing reserve funds and planning for future expenditure.
- Fire Risk, general Risk Assessments, and site inspections.
- Meetings with the Board of Directors and owners committee.
- Arranging Annual General Meetings.
- Guidance notes for Directors and committees.
- Company administration, and Companies House returns.
- Major repair consultation, commissioning and monitoring.
- Solicitors enquiries on the sale of properties.
- “Welcome Letter” and Information Pack for new owners.
- Freehold enfranchisement and lease extension advice.
- Emergency works out of hours support line.
Note: Major works, disputes etc., are subject to additional fees.
Smart Plan Service:
This is a trimmed down service, suitable for developments where the residents are involved with most of the day to day management or small developments where there is very little day to day management making full management uneconomic. With the Smart Plan, residents usually run the AGM and supervise contractors. The fee is between half and two thirds of full management.
Our Professional Services
The main areas covered are:
- Right to Manage: There are a number of hoops to navigate so as to achieve the Right to Manage, and this can be a daunting process. The most common stumbling block is the financing of the professional and legal costs of the proposition. Depending on the wording of the lease, these costs may be recoverable from all owners through the service charge once the RTM is in control.
- LVT Submissions: We can assist your solicitor with a case, acting as a Consultant, or as an Expert Witness.
- Leasehold Enfranchisement: We can advise you on the procedures, including the residents Right of First Refusal.
- Lease Extension: We can advise you on the procedures, and handle the matter through to its completion.
- Residents Association: We can assist in the formation of an Association where none exists, including drafting the Constitution.
Right to Manage and Leasehold Enfranchisement matters usually requires a Participation Agreement between the residents who are pursuing it. We can assist your solicitor with the drafting of a suitable agreement.
With all of these activities, we can provide the professional advice to assist residents and Owners Associations in coming to an informed decision as to how they wish to proceed. We can then drive the project forward, managing it through to completion.
Adhoc Consultancy Service:
This is used where the Management Company is run by the owners, but occasional adhoc advice is needed for specific issues. For example, preparing Risk and Fire Risk assessments, compliance with statutory requirements, resolving disputes, and major repairs.